Sunday 2 May 2010

Stuff I want in an ideal world where I can afford them

This is just my current list of vests and plate carriers that I really want at the moment.

London Bridge Trading 1961A in MJK
This chest rig is brilliant. It's a really well designed chest rig, that would enable you to hold pretty much everything you would need.
There is enough pouches to multiple primary mags, 2 secondary mags, Frags and Smokes, Radio, IFAK.




















Special Operations Equipment Patrol Vest.
This is one of SOE's original designs and this has been on of my favourite vests for a long time. I originally found out about this vest because a 12" military figure that I had bought was wearing the vest, It's big enough to carry enough mags and grenades for a mission but still light enough for a LRRP.
I've looked about for one of these vests for a while but they are becoming rarer to find second hand and are still quite pricey to buy new from SOE. I would prefer to get one of these in M81 woodland pattern, but would happily settle for OD.



































Eagle Industries Rhodesian Recon Vest.
What can I say about this vest, it's got everything that I would want from a vest, enough Molle to mount as many pouches as you need, still light enough that it won't affect your mobility, even when worn with soft armour underneath.
I'm actually looking for one in CB to be a part of my Marsoc/Force Recon loadout and one in MJK.

2 comments:

  1. Good taste in gear there! I have also been looking at the LBT-1961a for a long time now and was still not sure which color to get though, either the coyote tan one or the multicam. But like you, I will most likely go for the tan one.

    Have you seen the Mayflower R&C gen IV UW chest rig yet? They also look quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayflower gear is really really good, I've only ever seen them in pictures, but I'm really impressed with them.

    I've got an addition to the list that I know will be near enough impossible to find, a Point Blank AAV in Tri Colour desert. I've only ever seen one being used by some Marines in an episode of 24, but I know that it exists.
    I'm going to get a replica one for starters.

    ReplyDelete