Friday 14 May 2010

FSBE II Leg Panel Allied Industries


I had a nice surprise the other day when I opened my door to the Postman.

I had been expecting a new grenade pouch but instead the seller had sent this leg panel.

I've been after one of these for quite some time and these are one of the harder parts of the collection to get hold of, well maybe not harder, but quite pricey.

I've contacted the seller about this, but for the meantime until he gets back in touch with me I am considering this to be part of my collection.
Cheating, yeah it is.





I've taken some pictures of it and compared it to the Pantac copy that I already have, from what I can tell the Pantac copy is based on the original SDS leg panel and not the AI one.
The Pantac has the small piece of webbing at the bottom front of the panel but the AI doesn't.
The real panel has OD coloured mesh on the inside.


As much as I'd love to keep this, I couldn't do that to a fellow collector, but I am tempted.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a 2004 or 2005 panel. Worth at least 200 dollars right there. Too bad you can't keep it, as it is a nice item. But kudos to you for being honest!

    ReplyDelete