Sunday 21 February 2010

Admin Panel

This is a recent purchase that I've made.
It's a copy of the Allied Industries Admin panel by Pantac.

The panel itself is in a really decent shade of Coyote Brown and is a spot on match for issued gear, It's well made and does exactly what it's meant to do.





However the flap for the pouch is what lets it down and shows it to be a replica, and not a particularily accurate one at that.
The flap on my admin pouch has a small rectangular strip on the flap, however the genuine issue AI version the entire flap is covered in velcro, this is a big give away that it's not genuine, and as the admin pouch is so prominant on the vest this is an issue.

I'm going to have to get some CB coloured Velcro to mod the panel so that it looks more authentic.

I've loaded a photo that shows the AI admin pouch so that you can see the difference.






I've just found out that the Flyye Industries version does look like a close replica for the geniune issue Admin Panel.
Damn.

I really need to pick up my game with this impression. I've made a couple of purchases over the last year that are really piss poor. I'm glad that most of them have been replica's and therefore not the kinds of money that real gear goes for.

I think I'm going to have to ditch the panel that I've got and replace it with a Flyye one.

My next purchase is for an MBITR pouch, but the Flyye one is based on the civi version, there is a Pantac copy I've seen that has the velcro flap on the side of the pouch, Then I'll be getting an MBITR copy to fill it.

But that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment