Saturday 20 February 2010

SDS Interceptor DCU

While hunting for Kevlar inserts for my Woodland IBA, I came across this vest for sale and thought that it was just too good a bargain to pass up.





While I've seen reference pictures of US troops wearing these prior to the transition from wearing Tri Colour desert camouflage, I've no real idea about what specific units actually were issued with these vests, or if it was just a case of if you got issued one rather than the Woodland version then you were lucky.

This turned up in the post and the first thing that struck me was just how much heavier the IBA is with the Kevlar inserts.
The vest came with a Groin protector in Woodland pattern, so now I've got two Woodland Cock Knockers, one with the Kevlar insert and the other with kipmat cut to shape.

In the last week I've also had a Collar Yoke arrive, this is in Woodland pattern and I've added it onto my DCU IBA, with the Woodland Throat Protector.

I had previously bought an SDS Fighting Load in Tri colour, So I have taken the pouches from that and added them onto them onto the IBA and added a Tri Colour Camelbak.

Kit List:

Double 40MM pouch x2 SDS
Single 40MM pouch by SDS
Frag Grenade Pouch x2 Michael Bianco
Triple Shingle Pouch by Resource Centre
Double CQB M4 mag pouch x3 by SDS
Canteen Pouch by SDS
Saw 100rnd pouch by SDS
Butt pack by SDS
Thermoback Camelbak
Sharpie Marker
Cyalume light
DMM Carabiner

I am looking to get a pair of the fake airsoft SAPI plates by Toy Soldier to fill out the IBA and make it that bit sturdier.





No comments:

Post a Comment