Thursday 10 June 2010

Fanny Pack


This was an old purchase that I thought I might as well put up, I'm not overly happy with pack as it's not an accurate replica at all.

I had bought this when I first started trying to put together the impression and just didn't put enough research in before buying this.

Made by Pantac and meant to be a replica of the CSM fanny pack that's issued with the FSBE2 collection. The pack is used for mission non essentials or in quite a few cases I've read of it being used as an IFAK.



Now the pack is really good, the quality of the material and the construction are perfect and it does the job it's meant for, but because of the mistakes in it, I'm just not happy.



The belt strap is far too wide and the small pouch on the very front of the pack is completely wrong, I also really don't like the shade of Coyote Brown that Pantac use, for the life of me I can't explain why I don't like it, but when I compare it to the material used by Flyye or EI it annoys me. There is a nice attention to details in that the paracord ties for the zips have been braided together and make an easy pull tab to open the zips.


This is something that I'm going to have to replace, but it's quite low on my priorites for this impression, at the moment it will suffice and hopefully once I've initially completed this impression, it will be one of those items that can be overlooked.

I don't know if there is a more accurate replica around as I've only seen a CSM fanny pack up for sale once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment